Location: New York
College: Earlham College
Profession: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Biography: I was first diagnosed with NVLD as a child, and now as an adult, I have been fascinated in understanding how mental health professionals can not only better understand NVLD, but also provide practical strategies for young adults entering the workforce and while dating. I am a bilingual psychotherapist and coach who specializes in helping adults with learning differences to draw on their strengths as they manage the transition to employment and adult social demands. I have been very fortunate to publish a couple of articles with the NVLD project, and I look forward to continuing to educate the general public regarding this unique neurological profile.
What is your most treasured possession? Probably my bookshelf because I aspire to be a voracious reader and I love verbal learning.
Who is your favorite TV show character and why? Homer Simpson because I like it when he says “doh.”
Who has influenced you the most in life and why? My guitar teacher because she reinforced the joy of learning and celebrating difference.
NVLD BLOG POSTS:
- Services That Help: Preparing Young Adults with NVLD for the Workforce
- Dating Success: Strategies for Using Your Strengths with NVLD
- Finding the Healing Touch: How Adults with NVLD Can Effectively Articulate their Sensory Needs to their Partners
- Combining Therapies for NVLD
- NVLD: What is it and why is it not in the DSM?